People, Safety, Culture – Building a Strategic Roadmap
Monday 15 March 2021, Telstra, Level 4, 275 George Street, Brisbane
(Workshop commences at 9am and concludes at 4pm. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
Registration will be open from 8:30am – 9am)
This highly interactive and engaging workshop will build upon the theme of the 2021 NSCA Foundation Conference and examine how the inherent linkages between People, Safety and Culture must be addressed to successfully influence strategic safety outcomes.
The successes and lessons of a recent customer case study will be shared, along with a robust culture framework and a range of practical and proven tools.
- To provide participants with a framework and tools that can be applied within their business to influence and create a Strategic Safety Roadmap
- To explore and discuss the inherent connections between safety, people and culture
- To provide the opportunity for participants to share lessons and experience regarding the successful implementation of safety strategies
Workshop Agenda Overview
- Why it is about more than safety
- Introduction to Performance Culture model
- Balancing the hard and soft elements of culture and safety
- Where to start – Culture Discovery
- Activation – Building the business case
- Less is more – Influencing the strategic agenda
- Gaining Executive buy-in
- Deployment – The role of leadership.
- People are part of the solution – Engaging mindsets and skillsets
- Chronic unease vs complacency – What we can learn from High Reliability Organisations (HROs)
- Sustaining culture
- The power of shared ownership, language and story-telling
- Act on it – Embedding and sustaining solutions
Keep in Touch
Stay up to date with the latest in news, events and industry developments from NSCA Foundation.